Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
Immerse yourself in the bright lights of Los Angeles and Las Vegas, historic Route 66, Dallas - the Texan star, Southern hospitality, toe-tapping Memphis, historic Washington, DC and cosmopolitan New York.
Additional Included Highlights
- New York: Enjoy a city tour.
- Washington, D.C.: Enjoy a city tour.
- Richmond: Visit the capital city of Virginia.
- Charleston: A historic tour of South Carolina's oldest city.
- Fort Worth: Visit the Stockyards National Historic District.
- Cadillac Ranch: See the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt.
- Winslow: Stop to pay homage to the 'Man Standin' on the Corner.
- Sedona: Spend time in this mystical town.
- Route 66: Stop in Kingman and Seligman.
- Los Angeles: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner in the Thunderbird Room taking in awe-inspiring views.
- Amarillo: Savour a Highlight Dinner at the Big Texan, where everything truly is bigger in Texas.
- Little Rock: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Marlsgate Plantation, a stately mansion with a majestic setting.
- Memphis: Head to a speakeasy above BB King's Blues Club for a delicious Highlight Dinner.
- South Carolina: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Poogan's Porch, a local institution and favourite.
- Washington, DC: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Filomena Ristorante as you feast on old-world Italian cuisine.
- New York: Bid farewell to your newfound friends at a lively Celebration Dinner at Bond 45, recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Included Quality Dining: 21 Full Breakfasts (FB) and 11 Dinners (D) all with wine (DW).
- Los Angeles: With a theatre guide, step beyond the red carpet for a behind-the-scenes look at the Oscars, on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre.
- Santa Fe: With an expert in history, art and culture, tour historic Santa Fe on a guided trolley tour.
- Dallas: Join a stadium guide for a VIP tour at one of the richest sports franchises in America - the Dallas Cowboys (subject to availability).
- Dallas: Can you remember where you were when you heard? Visit the site of JFK's assassination.
- Little Rock: Learn the whiskey making process from a liquor expert on a private tour and tasting at the Rock Town Distillery.
- Atlanta: With a Local Expert, step into the world of world news and live broadcast at a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the Global Headquarters of CNN.
- Grand Canyon: With a geology lecturer, learn about the formation of one of the United States most renowned natural wonders, while sipping a glass of sparkling wine.
- New York: Visit some of the city's most iconic sites with a Local Expert.
- Washington, D.C.: See all of the amazing memorials and monuments in the nation's capital.
- Los Angeles: The JW Marriott Los Angeles LA LIVE is the focal point of Los Angeles.
- Las Vegas: The Aria sets the standard for opulent detail, impeccable service and lavish accommodation that will enhance your stay in this dazzling city.
- Memphis: The Westin Memphis Beale Street Hotel connects you to the unmistakable sound, culture and history of the blues, whilst offering you a soothing and relaxing retreat.
- Atlanta: Discover one of the best hotels in downtown Atlanta with stunning views of the skyline.
- Charleston: Stay in the heart of historic Charleston.
- Flagstaff: Stay amidst Ponderosa Pines, near downtown.
- Fort Worth: The Hilton Fort Worth is the scene of 35th President John F. Kennedy's final address.
- Grand Canyon: Spend the night near the rim of the Grand Canyon, inside the National Park.
- Little Rock:
- New York: The future of travel is refined NYC luxury at the New York Marriott Marquis, situated in the heart of Times Square.
- Santa Fe: The Inn and Spa at Loretto is a boutique hotel famous for its traditional pueblo architecture and first class service.
- Washington, DC: Stay at the Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, a Washington, DC landmark for over 90 years ago.
- Little Rock: Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum.
- Memphis: Explore the Graceland Mansion and grounds.
- Charleston: Step back in time with a visit to the Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.
- North Carolina: At the Tobacco Farm Life Museum, learn about cultivating one of the most important crops in this part of the country.
- New York: Marvel at the sweeping skyline views, including some of the city's most prominent landmarks from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at the Rockefeller Center.
- Charleston: Discover South Carolina's oldest city during a historic carriage tour where you may catch a glimpse of Rainbow Row, Antebellum Mansions, hidden gardens and courtyards, churches and elaborate graveyards.
- Fort Worth: Visit the Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth's rich livestock history.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from Los Angeles Airport and to New York Airports are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (516) 873-0333 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867267
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 22 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Los Angeles||Arrive in Los Angeles.: On arrival, your airport transfer takes you to your hotel. Enjoy some time to explore this vibrant city before joining your Tour Director, at 18:00, for a Welcome Dinner with drinks. (Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE.
|Day 2||Los Angeles||The City of Angels.: Immerse yourself in Tinseltown. See Grauman's Chinese Theater, spot the Hollywood sign and stroll along the Walk of Fame. Enjoy a private tour of the Dolby's Theatre, current home of the Oscars. If all this sightseeing makes you hungry, you'll find plenty of choices to satiate your appetite during a tour and tasting at the historic LA Farmers Market. In the evening, join your travelling companions for a Highlight Dinner with wine at a local restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live.
|Day 3||Las Vegas||From Los Angeles to Las Vegas.: (Relaxed Start) Leaving the thriving metropolis of Los Angeles behind, depart for the glittering lights of Las Vegas. Spend some time taking in the city's impressive bright lights and attractions. (Full Breakfast)|
Aria Resort and Casino, Las Vegas.
|Day 4||Las Vegas||Leisure Time in Sin City.: (Relaxed Start) The day is free for you to enjoy. Relax by the swimming pool, try your luck at the casinos, or explore the famous Strip, where you can see the musical water ballet of the Bellagio's fountains. Shoppers will enjoy browsing the Forum Shops at Caesars or the ultra-luxurious Crystals at the City Center, featuring the world's most elite designers. (Full Breakfast)|
Aria Resort and Casino, Las Vegas.
|Day 5||Grand Canyon||Get Your Kicks and the Grand Canyon.: Bid farewell to glittering Las Vegas, cruising back in time to see the classic motels, diners and gas stations of a simpler time. Continue along Route 66, stopping at the Americana hotspots Seligman and Kingman. Arrive at the Grand Canyon, where the beauty of one of the world's greatest natural wonders awaits. Learn all about the vibrantly coloured hues of the canyon from a geology lecturer, as you sip a glass of sparkling wine. In the evening, savour a Highlight Dinner with wine in the Thunderbird Room. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
National Park Lodges, Grand Canyon South Rim
|Day 6||Flagstaff||Mystical Sedona and Flagstaff.: (Relaxed Start) Before bidding farewell to the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon, perhaps choose to get a bird's eye view of the sweeping colours of the canyon aboard a helicopter for flightseeing. Journey along stunning Oak Creek Canyon, one of Arizona's finest drives. Admire the red rock formations used as backdrops for many Western movies, as you arrive in mystical Sedona. Enjoy free time to explore the town at your leisure before continuing to Flagstaff for the evening. (Full Breakfast)|
Little America Hotel, Flagstaff.
|Day 7||Santa Fe||From Flagstaff to Santa Fe.: Depart Flagstaff in the morning. Enjoy some time at a photo stop in Winslow, Arizona to meet the 'Man Standin' on the Corner. In homage to the Eagles song 'Take It Easy', the town has erected a giant mural and life-size bronze statue. Continue on to Santa Fe. (Full Breakfast)|
Inn and Spa at Loretto, Santa Fe
|Day 8||Amarillo||Is This the Way to Amarillo?: In the morning, take part in a guided trolley tour of the historic city of Santa Fe, discovering the local art colony, Pueblo traditions, architecture, the Palace of the Governors, and the Loretto Chapel with a Santa Fe specialist. Then it's off to Amarillo to be amazed by the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt at the famed Cadillac Ranch pop art installation. In the evening you'll be in for a real Texan treat during dinner at the Big Texan. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Embassy Suites Amarillo Downtown.
|Day 9||Fort Worth||Cattle and Country Western.: Say farewell to Amarillo as you make your way to the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Visit the Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth's livestock history, where they are working to promote the heritage of one of the greatest livestock and meatpacking industries in the world. Later, get out your dancing shoes for a true Western experience when you visit the world's largest Country Western bar. (Full Breakfast)|
Hilton Fort Worth.
|Day 10||Fort Worth||Deep in the Heart of Texas.: (Relaxed Start) The Dallas Cowboys are one of the country's richest sports franchises and football fans will be in their element with a guided VIP tour of Cowboy Stadium (subject to availability). In a fascinating look behind the scenes, you will be privy to places normally off limits during game days; the field, the media press box, and even the cheerleaders' locker rooms are all included. In the evening, choose from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hilton Fort Worth.
|Day 11||Little Rock||Big Texas to A Taste of Bourbon in Little Rock.: Head for Arkansas, and once in Little Rock, enjoy a private tour of Rock Town Distillery. Sample Arkansas whiskey and learn about the production process, all the way from grain to glass. At night, enjoy a Highlight Dinner with wine at Marlsgate Plantation, with its stately mansion shaded by ancient oak trees, overlooking the serene waters of Bearskin Lake. Majestically rising amid acres of rice, cotton and soybeans, Marlsgate is a reglection of the once opulent plantation era. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Little Rock.
|Day 12||Memphis||Memphis, Home of the Blues.: (Relaxed Start) Before leaving Little Rock, visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum dedicated in 2004 to Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States. The museum features replicas of the Oval Office and the Cabinet Room, and highlights his life at the White House. Arrive in Memphis, 'Home of the Blues', and savour a Highlight Dinner with wine at a Beale Street speakeasy-style restaurant, located inside BB King's Blues Club. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Memphis Beale Street.
|Day 13||Memphis||Graceland and Everything Elvis.: (Relaxed Start) A day dedicated to Graceland; home and final resting place of Elvis Presley. Your exploration includes an interactive audio-guided tour of the Graceland Mansion and grounds. In the evening, soak up the atmosphere on famous Beale Street with an evening at leisure. (Full Breakfast)|
The Westin Memphis Beale Street.
|Day 14||Atlanta||Atlanta, Cultural Capital of the New South.: Set off for Atlanta, Georgia, named in honour of railroad engineer, J. Edgar Thompson and his Atlantica-Pacifica railway. In the evening, your Highlight Dinner with wine, will be held at Mary Mac's - a Tea Room that has set the standard for Southern cooking for over 70 years. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
|Day 15||Charleston||Georgia's Capital and Southern Traditions.: In the morning, journey into the heart of CNN Worldwide for a close-up look at global news in the making. An exclusive guided tour will take you behind the scenes, including access to the working studios. Then it's off to South Carolina. The evening's Highlight Dinner at Poogan's Porch is an event in itself, prepared with perfection and served with wine and Southern hospitality. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Renaissance Charleston Historic District.
|Day 16||Charleston||Charming Charleston.: (Relaxed Start) Discover Charleston, South Carolina's oldest city, during a historic carriage tour where you may catch a glimpse of Rainbow Row, Antebellum Mansions, hidden gardens and courtyards, churches and elaborate graveyards. Visit the Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and one of the oldest plantations in the South, dating back to 1676. (Full Breakfast)|
Renaissance Charleston Historic District
|Day 17||Raleigh||The Carolinas and Tobacco Farms.: Set out for the other Carolina; North Carolina that is; and arrive in Raleigh, the 'City of Oaks'. (Full Breakfast)|
Hilton North Raleigh.
|Day 18||Washington, DC||The City of Oaks to Monumental Washington, DC: Leaving behind Raleigh, begin your journey to the Capital. Along the way, stop at the Tobacco Farm Life Museum, taking you back in time to a simpler way of a life. At a genuine turn-of-thecentury homestead, see how rural families lived, worked and cultivated one of the country's most important crops. After arriving in the nation's capital of Washington, DC, enjoy a dinner at Filomena Ristorante, receiving superb service alongside your Highlight Dinner of old-world Italian cuisine and wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, Washington, DC.
|Day 19||Washington, DC||Sightseeing in the Capital.: (Relaxed Start) Take a city tour of Washington, DC and discover all of the amazing memorials and monuments in the nation's capital, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall. The rest of the day is at leisure. (Full Breakfast)|
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, Washington, D.C.
|Day 20||New York||New York, the City That Never Sleeps.: Travel from the capital city of Washington, DC to the city that never sleeps. Stroll around, taking in the majestic sights and lights of New York City. (Full Breakfast)|
New York Marriott Marquis.
|Day 21||New York||A Manhattan Masterpiece.: (Relaxed Start) Start the morning with a city tour led by a local New York insider, revealing all of the amazing sites that make the city so famous. See the towering Empire State Building, the iconic Chrysler Building, and expansive Central Park. Ascend to the Top of the Rock; the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building; for a sprawling view of the booming island of Manhattan. At night, join your Tour Director for a Celebration Dinner with wine at Bond 45, a typical NYC steak and seafood restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
New York Marriott Marquis.
|Day 22||Depart New York||Depart New York.: (Relaxed Start) Transfer to JFK International, LaGuardia Airport or Newark Liberty International Airports for your flight home, or extend your stay in New York. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible!
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class