Canadian Rockies & Pacific Coast end Seattle (Summer 2020)
Brochure Type: 2020 USA & Canada
Discover the majestic landscapes, towering peaks, and sparkling turquoise lakes of the Canadian Rockies, teamed with the charming and sometimes quirky Pacific Northwest. This fabulous journey is as relaxed as the Canadian wilderness is vast. For the majority of the time you will be at the mercy of Mother Nature's eye-popping palette, with a whole day at leisure in Banff National Park and free time in Jasper National Park. From taking a walk on the wild side at the Capilano Suspension Bridge to nourishing your palate at a waterfront celebration in Seattle, you won't be disappointed with this sensational trip - just don't forget to bring your camera! SHIPBOARD CREDIT WITH ROOM UPGARDE BOOK BY 28 FEB 2020.
- Victoria: Take your pick of specially selected local restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Spokane: Dine at Steam Plant Brewing Co. and Pub, nestled among the remaining catwalks, pipes and boilers of a historic Spokane building.
- Quincy: Visit a boutique winery in the picturesque Columbia Valley region for a hearty luncheon and wine tasting.
- Seattle: Head to the waterfront for a Celebration Dinner at Ivar's, aptly referred to as Seattle's King of the Waterfront, to toast your newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 1 Lunch with wine (LW) and 7 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Icefields Parkway: Experience Athabasca Glacier, onboard a specially designed Ice Explorer, with an expert driver guide.
- Seattle: See the sights of Seattle with a city tour. Visit the renowned Space Needle with its jaw-dropping panoramic views.
- Glacier National Park: Board a traditional Red Jammer for a private tour with a park veteran and enjoy the stunning views.
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump: Join a Blackfoot elder and hear fascinating stories about the Plains people.
- Vancouver: The Four Seasons Vancouver provides a sophisticated backdrop for your visit to Vancouver.
- Victoria: Stay just a short walk from the Inner Harbour and historic downtown Victoria at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Victoria.
- Chase: The Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort in Chase is the unique, lakeside hotel of the Little Shuswap Indian Band, and strives to preserve First Nation heritage and culture.
- Jasper: Enjoy the beautiful views and rustic charms at the Sawridge Inn in Jasper National Park.
- Banff: Marvel at the exceptional views of the Canadian Rockies at the Rimrock Resort Hotel.
- Glacier National Park: Many Glacier Hotel is located in the park among awe-inspiring majesty.
- Lake McDonald: Stay in classic Swiss chalet style Lake McDonald Lodge, located inside Glacier National Park, on the shores of the largest lake in the park.
- Spokane: With soaring architecture and a rich history that dates back to 1914, it has earned the reputation as Spokane's grandest hotel.
- Blue River: Get a taste of British Columbia on an exhilarating Blue River Safari boat ride(8) in Grizzly Bear Valley followed by lunch at a unique, floating restaurant.
- Vancouver: Embark on a city tour with your Travel Director and discover the highlights in this bustling west coast seaport, including the famous totem poles in Stanley Park.
- Victoria: Visit the stunning floral displays at Butchart Gardens.
- Vancouver: The Capilano Suspension Bridgecrosses the Capilano River, providing an appreciation of nature from three breathtaking perspectives.
- Jasper: Embark on a narrated cruise across the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (516) 873-0333 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14607988
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Welcome to Vancouver.: Arrive in Vancouver, a haven for sports enthusiasts and keen history buffs alike. This unique city offers something for everyone. From its striking mountains to the bustle of the city's art and music scene, this British Columbia seaport does not disappoint. On arrival, your airport transfer will take you to your luxury hotel before you join your Travel Director at 18.00 for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests over wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver.
|Day 2||Victoria||Cruise the Gulf Islands to Victoria.: Embark on a tour of Vancouver, including a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and Gastown. You'll have free time to enjoy lunch on your own. This afternoon, board a ferry and sail through the beautiful Gulf Islands to Vancouver Island, an idyllic place known for its fishing and art communities. You'll end your day here, in British Columbia's stunning capital city, Victoria. Your hotel will be the Inn at Laurel Point, a modern waterfront venue with harbour views. (Breakfast)|
Inn at Laurel Point, Victoria.
|Day 3||Victoria||Butchart Gardens.: Start your day wandering through world renowned Butchart Gardens, a beautiful National Historic Site of Canada featuring groups of floral displays. Enjoy an immersive day exploring Canada's oldest Chinatown, the bustling Inner Harbour and stately Legislative Buildings. At night, choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening, where you'll sit down and enjoy a hearty meal with striking views. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||CHASE||Victoria to Chase, British Columbia.: Cruise back to the mainland and continue on your scenic journey through British Columbia to the charming town of Chase. Upon arrival you will witness and partake in a Smudging Ceremony, a traditional spiritual ritual conducted by a member of the local indigenous community. As you settle in at your lakeside lodge this evening, you'll enjoy a Dinner with Wine, featuring authentic regional flavours. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort, Chase.
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||The Alpine Wonderland of Jasper National Park.: After breakfast this morning, your journey continues to Jasper National Park. You'll stop for a smooth yet exhilarating Boat River Safari (waiver required) with an excellent chance to view grizzly bears and other wildlife along Grizzly Bear Valley in Blue River, B.C. To complete your exciting experience, enjoy lunch in the unique floating restaurant, The Forest Table where the menu focuses around game, wild salmon, berries and greens. Arrive in the wonderland of Jasper National Park with its soothing mineral hot springs, rugged glaciers, colourful meadows, and majestic mountains. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper.
|Day 6||Jasper National Park||Exploring Jasper National Park.: Wake up to breathtaking views of the park from your balcony rooms, before heading on an informative walk on the trails of Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Canadian Rockies. Move on to a narrated cruise across the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake, one of the jewels of the Canadian Rockies (weather permitting). Stop at Spirit Island, quite rightly one of the most photographed sites in the Canadian Rockies, before returning to Jasper where the rest of the day is yours. You'll end the day surrounded by lush landscapes and a delectable three course dinner, with your choice of fish or meat, to satisfy your palettes. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 7||Banff||Icefields, Glaciers and Lakes to Banff National Park.: No trip to Canada would be complete without a road trip along the majestic Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most stunning mountain drives. Once at the Icefields Visitor Center, you'll embark on a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier. You'll be led by an expert driver-guide, who will help you step out onto the frosty flow, formed centuries ago. After your icy adventure, warm up at sumptuous Chateau Lake Louise. Journey on to the resort town of Banff, where you'll stay at the Rimrock Resort Hotel, a superior address with exceptional views from inside Banff National Park. Attractive to writers and artists, this pretty town will be your home for the next two nights. Enjoy a delicious Dinner with Wine at your hotel in the evening. (Breakfast)|
The Rimrock Resort, Banff.
|Day 8||Banff National Park||The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.: Today is yours to spend exploring the rugged charms of the park. Choose from several optional experiences, including a once in a lifetime helicopter flight over the magnificent Canadian Rockies, or a ride onboard the Banff Gondola, a scenic cableway that can take you to the summit of Sulphur Mountain. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Glacier National Park||Quest for Buffalo on the way to Glacier National Park.: Prepare for a day of culture and history as you depart for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, one of the world's oldest and largest buffalo jumps. Once here you'll discover how the indigenous people used this 36-foot-high (11 metres) cliff to hunt stampeding herds of bison. You'll also get a unique chance to join a local Blackfoot elder and hear fascinating stories about the Plains people of long ago. From craggy plains to mountainous landscapes, you'll cross the U.S. border into Montana and end your day at Many Glacier Hotel, a charming property situated in the heart of Glacier National Park. (Breakfast)|
Many Glacier Hotel, Glacier National Park, Babb.
|Day 10||Glacier National Park||Going-to-the-Sun and the Glacier National Park.: Today, board a private Red Jammer bus to cruise along the Going-to-the-Sun Road in style. During your narrated trip you'll witness stunning views from Logan Pass and the marvels of the park's wild interior. Disembark and end your day at Lake McDonald, the largest lake in Glacier National Park. Rest up in a classic Swiss-chalet-style lodge with spectacular mountain views. (Breakfast)|
Lake McDonald Lodge, Glacier National Park.
|Day 11||Spokane||Lake Coeur d'Alene and Spokane.: Today you'll continue on to the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur d'Alene, one of America's most beautiful lakes, and arrive in Spokane to stay at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection hotel.This is Washington State's grandest hotel, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Ithas welcomed a number of famous faces including Amelia Earhart and Clark Gable. In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Steam Plant, an award-winning brewery, situated in a nationally recognised historic building. From house-smoked carbonara to pizza or rotisserie porchetta this unique venue offers a number of inventive dishes. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, Spokane.
|Day 12||Seattle||Wonderful Wines en route to Seattle.: Wine connoisseurs rejoice. Today you'll head through the wide, endless horizons of the wine-producing area of Washington State. Visit Cave B Estate, an award-winning boutique winery and local favourite. Explore the nuances of their fine wine selection with some tastings over a Highlight Lunch, focusing on fresh, local and artisanal ingredients. Then it's on to forward-thinking Seattle for an evening at leisure at your hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
The Charter Hotel Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton.
|Day 13||Seattle||The Soaring Sights of Seattle.: Enjoy an Insight Choice today. Either head to the Space Needle, with its jaw-dropping panoramic views of the unique skyline or the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit. You'll also see Puget Sound, Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market, where you should watch out for flying fish. The afternoon is yours at leisure and you'll find activities, restaurants and shops aplenty. In the evening, join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Celebration Dinner with wine at Ivar's Acres of Clams. Here you'll find the Northwest's best dining, as you take in the views on Seattle's waterfront. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Seattle||Depart Seattle.: It's time to say goodbye to the Emerald City as your trip comes to an end. An included transfer will take you to Seattle SeaTac International Airport.|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking. Guaranteed Room Share is not available. For activities marked with a (8) in the day-by-day itinerary, participation is at your own risk and a signed liability waiver will be required.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class